Wednesday, November 28, 2012

My favourite Photo-sharing Websites/Apps for Teens

For my first post I decided to talk about something I have been obsessed with lately. Three awesome photo sharing sites- instagram, tumblr and gifboom. These sites also have allowed me to get to know teens from around the globe and to not only read what they are up to but see it as well. I have chosen my three favourites and quickly given some pros and cons in this post. I hope you find this helpful and I hope you enjoy photo-sharing websites/apps as much as I do! 

1) Instagram
http://instagram.com/
Instagram is a free app that is very simple to use. It allows users to add effects and quickly share photos to their Instagram followers, as well as share a link to your post to twitter, facebook and other social networking sites.
- Tons of people use instagram, it is especially popular with teens.
- Post photos in under 3 minutes.
- Clean, simple, easy interface.
- Interesting variety of posts, celebrity fan pages (one direction anyone?), aspiring photographers, style pages and tons of other themed pages can be found on Instagram.
- Be careful, your account is public unless you turn on the private setting.
If you have an Instagram account, link it in the comments below or follow me and I will check your account as well.
My Instagram: @kate88me








2) Tumblr
Although tumblr is a blogging site and app, I have found the majority of the posts to be photos or gifs. Most of the photos on tumblr, unlike instagram, are not private photos but cool, trendy, interesting photos. The best way to get started on tumblr is to follow a lot of people and look at their blogs, if you look at the people I follow you will find some inspiring blogs. Tumblr allows you to set up a blog where you can easily reblog other user's posts as well as create your own. 
- Tumblr is used by a lot of teens.
- Simple to use once you get the hang of it.
- Your blog is completely public.
- You can use tags to track posts.
- Customize your blog easily.
- Beware, not everything on tumblr is G rated. 
My tumblr: love-always-14 http://love-always-14.tumblr.com/


 a typical tumblr dashboard 


3) Gifboom
Gifboom is like instagram except for instead of sharing photos, you share gifs. Okay so technically it isn't a photo-sharing website/app but I still think gifboom is worth mentioning. For those of you who don't know, a gif is where you take multiple photos and put them together. 
- Quickly create gifs on your iPhone or Android.
- Share them with your friends through iMessage, twitter, facebook and other social networking sites.
- Occasionally Gifboom offers sponsored contests.
- Like and comment on other people's gifs.
- Edit your gifs: speed, effect, crop and add text.
My gifboom: @kateelizab  http://gifboom.com/x/6d9ac2f8




Voila! Those are some of my favourite photo-sharing websites/apps! 
Comment below and let me know what you think of our blog, what you would like to see from our blog or just to say hi, I'd love to get to know you! 

Have a fantastic day! 
-Kate :)






1 comment:

  1. I didn't know what a gif was! I like that you included different options and explained them. It will help people understand the differences. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete